Sara Walker is an astrobiologist and theoretical physicist interested in the origin of life. Please support this podcast by checking out our sponsors:
– Athletic Greens: https://athleticgreens.com/lex and use code LEX to get 1 month of fish oil
– NetSuite: http://netsuite.com/lex to get free product tour
– Blinkist: https://blinkist.com/lex and use code LEX to get 25% off premium
– Magic Spoon: https://magicspoon.com/lex and use code LEX to get $5 off
Podcast website: https://lexfridman.com/podcast
Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2lwqZIr
YouTube Full Episodes: https://youtube.com/lexfridman
YouTube Clips: https://youtube.com/lexclips
SUPPORT & CONNECT:
– Check out the sponsors above, it’s the best way to support this podcast
– Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lexfridman
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/lexfridman
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lexfridman
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lexfridman
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lexfridman
– Medium: https://medium.com/@lexfridman
Here’s the timestamps for the episode. On some podcast players you should be able to click the timestamp to jump to that time.
(00:00) – Introduction
(07:44) – Origin of life
(15:38) – Did aliens seed life on Earth?
(20:48) – What is life?
(32:27) – Cellular automata
(36:56) – The laws of physics may change with time
(46:41) – Nobel Prize for the origin of life
(52:01) – Is consciousness fundamental to the universe?
(1:03:19) – Life is the most deterministic part of physics
(1:05:54) – Free will
(1:14:11) – How to detect alien life
(1:28:48) – How many alien civilization are out there?
(1:35:32) – Shadow biosphere
(1:41:59) – UFO sightings
(1:45:35) – Exponential population growth of AI lifeforms
(1:52:42) – The role of death in life
(1:56:45) – Advice for young people
(2:02:31) – Meaning of life