Katherine de Kleer is a professor of Planetary Science and Astronomy at Caltech. Please support this podcast by checking out our sponsors:
– Fundrise: https://fundrise.com/lex
– Blinkist: https://blinkist.com/lex and use code LEX to get 25% off premium
– ExpressVPN: https://expressvpn.com/lexpod and use code LexPod to get 3 months free
– Magic Spoon: https://magicspoon.com/lex and use code LEX to get $5 off
Katherine’s Website: http://web.gps.caltech.edu/~dekleer/
Podcast website: https://lexfridman.com/podcast
Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2lwqZIr
YouTube Full Episodes: https://youtube.com/lexfridman
YouTube Clips: https://youtube.com/lexclips
SUPPORT & CONNECT:
– Check out the sponsors above, it’s the best way to support this podcast
– Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lexfridman
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/lexfridman
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lexfridman
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lexfridman
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lexfridman
– Medium: https://medium.com/@lexfridman
Here’s the timestamps for the episode. On some podcast players you should be able to click the timestamp to jump to that time.
(00:00) – Introduction
(07:07) – Pluto
(12:14) – Kuiper belt
(16:12) – How to study planets and moons
(19:54) – Volcanoes on Io – moon of Jupiter
(32:25) – Is there life in the oceans of Europa?
(41:46) – How unlikely is life on Earth?
(52:15) – Life on Venus
(54:30) – Mars
(1:01:17) – What is interesting about Earth as a planet?
(1:11:55) – Weather patterns
(1:17:04) – Asteroids
(1:26:06) – Will an asteroid hit Earth soon?
(1:34:50) – Oumuamua
(1:50:00) – Book recommendations
(1:56:37) – Advice for young people