Anya Fernald is the co-founder of Belcampo farms, chef, and regenerative agriculture expert. Please support this podcast by checking out our sponsors:
– Gala Games: https://gala.games/lex
– Athletic Greens: https://athleticgreens.com/lex and use code LEX to get 1 month of fish oil
– Four Sigmatic: https://foursigmatic.com/lex and use code LexPod to get up to 60% off
– Fundrise: https://fundrise.com/lex
Podcast website: https://lexfridman.com/podcast
Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2lwqZIr
YouTube Full Episodes: https://youtube.com/lexfridman
YouTube Clips: https://youtube.com/lexclips
SUPPORT & CONNECT:
– Check out the sponsors above, it’s the best way to support this podcast
– Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lexfridman
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/lexfridman
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lexfridman
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lexfridman
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lexfridman
– Medium: https://medium.com/@lexfridman
Here’s the timestamps for the episode. On some podcast players you should be able to click the timestamp to jump to that time.
(00:00) – Introduction
(09:04) – Cooking is an art and a service
(10:43) – Food is health
(12:45) – Anticipation makes food taste better
(14:36) – Lex on breaking the 72 hour fast
(18:47) – Falling in love with cooking
(20:28) – Alienation during the diet
(23:09) – Cooking advice for minimalists
(29:14) – Complexity of coconut oil
(32:35) – Anya’s favorite meal
(39:17) – Sources of heat
(41:46) – Why do people freak out about barbecue
(44:58) – Does the origin of the meat itself make a difference?
(47:06) – What is regenerative farming?
(51:16) – AI will be a better farmer than humans
(55:17) – Carbon negative farming is possible right now
(57:04) – Certified Humane
(1:00:34) – Evolutionary diet of animals
(1:03:17) – Neuralink can help us understand animals
(1:07:13) – All grass-fed meat made the same?
(1:11:57) – Health benefits of grass-fed beef
(1:16:29) – What does it take to be a woman CEO of a meat company?
(1:23:57) – Making cheese for Italian mafia
(1:27:56) – How to judge a good meal?
(1:29:58) – The best meal in the world
(1:37:48) – Anya played oboe in the Sicily municipal band
(1:39:23) – Hunting has inspired regenerative farming
(1:44:07) – Meaning of life
(1:45:27) – Advice for young people: grow through discomfort