The card is:
- Chael Sonnen vs. Andre Galvao
- Josh Barnett vs. Dean Lister
- Saulo Ribeiro vs. Robert “Comprido” Medeiros
- Vinny Magalaghaes vs. Keenan Cornelius
- Gary Tonon vs. Kit Dale
- Secret Match
Here are my predictions:
- Galvao submits Sonnen, because Galvao is 6x ADCC medalist and a 13x Worlds medalist with many of his best performances being relative recent (2011, 2013, 2014).
- Lister submits Barnett, because submitting Dean Lister is nearly impossible, and not getting heel-hooked by Dean Lister is equally hard, even for a catch wrestling specialist and top notch jiu jitsu black belt like Barnett.
- Saulo draws Comprido, because Saulo is too patient and methodical to get a submission in 20 minutes on another patient and experience old-timer.
- Keenan submits Vinny, because Keenan will create scrambles where submission opportunities will arise, and in 20 minutes, statistically speaking, no one can escape his wizardry.
- Gary Tonon draws Kit Dale because Gary is probably the hardest person to submit on this whole Metamoris card and Kit Dale is incredibly good at controlling position and not making mistakes that will result in Gary ending up on his back. If this is no-gi, then maybe Gary catches a heelhook or an RNC, but in the gi, it’s a draw.
I’m hoping the secret match will be between Joe Rogan and Ed O’Neill, but more likely it’ll be a match involving a Gracie, hopefully something epic like Renzo Gracie vs BJ Penn.
What are your predictions?