I looked at some user stats of these two online services and was blown away. Go to that link, there are a bunch of interesting pieces of information in that one infographic to think about.
Some of the more awe-inspiring stats are:
- 52% of Twitter’s 106 million users update their status every day.
- Women are a strong majority on both services.
- More high school students use Facebook
- More college students use Twitter
- 60-70% of users of both services are outside the United States
A lot of this information may not be so shocking until you start to think about it. These two social graphs are growing day by day, connecting individuals which would otherwise be virtual strangers as the image above shows.